And the Liebster Award goes to… Adventure Found Me!
It feels so surreal that my blog is now an Award winning one. I started it barely a month ago and I didn’t have the faintest idea that it would have grown this fast!
A special thank goes to Shernice of Dreams Of A Wanderess for nominating me, it’s an honor and I think this will be a great opportunity to let my readers know more about me. But before getting to the questions, this is how the Liebster Award works 🙂
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an online award given to new bloggers by other bloggers. “Liebster” is a German word that means “the dearest”. The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to recognize fellow bloggers for their work and excellence. The nominees/award winners should then pay it forward by nominating/awarding other bloggers they admire and follow.
Rules of the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award.
- Create a new list of questions for your nominees to answer.
- List these rules in your post.
- Inform the people/blogs that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it.
Here are the awesome questions I got from Shernice:
1. What inspired you to make your own blog?
I’ve been following many blogs for a while, benefiting from their contents, but this year something changed. I started playing with the idea of opening one myself. I wanted to be helpful like the other blogs had been for me and the more I thought about it the more I was convinced it was the right thing to do, so I said to myself: why not?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? And why?
This is a very difficult question and my answer could be different tomorrow, but for now I will say Brighton. I normally prefer the mountains because I get to climb there, but this town is an exception, it’s indie vibe is irresistible!
3. What valuable lessons did you get from your travels?
I’ve learned that making mistakes is okay, I am a perfectionist and before travelling on my own, I was always scared of doing something wrong (such as pronouncing a word the wrong way while speaking a different language). Travelling alone made me confident and now I use every mistake that I make to learn something new, without worrying about others’ opinions.
4. What is your favorite travel destination?
If we are talking about places I’ve been to, definitely Great Britain but if I had to pick a destination where I’ve never been to it would be Thailand, it seems one of those places where there’s so much to explore, plus there are some amazing climbing spots 😉
5. What are your 5 favorite foods in that country you picked for Quention #4?
My top 5 foods from Great Britain are fish ‘n’ chips (better consumed in Brighton on the beach), pies, brownies, scones with tea and muffins, I know, it’s a lot of sweets!
6. What is your greatest travel achievement so far?
Probably going to the Caribbean islands, it’s the farthest I’ve ever been from home and it was expensive, but I managed to save money for it, so that is definitely an achievement.
7. What is your most important travel tip?
Always plan in advance, it may seem boring but when you reach your destination, knowing what to do is great. Also if you are not organized, you’ll risk missing something, that happened to me in Berlin, I didn’t plan anything beforehand and when I got there I had to improvise, as a result I didn’t visit everything that I wanted to see.
8. What was one of the most unusual experiences you’ve encountered?
When I was in Amsterdam I a madman screaming in Duch followed me in the Red Light District, that was not only unusual but also scary as hell.
9. What is the strangest food you’ve ever eaten?
Sapote, not exactly a ‘strange’ food but you can’t find it where I live, it grows only in Central America. It’s a fruit that looks like a papaya and it tastes very sweet.
10. Where is your next destination?
If everything goes the right way I’m heading to Santorini in a couple of weeks. Can’t wait! 😀
Now, it’s time to announce the new Liebster Award Winners (drumm roll please….)
MyNemeton: Italian blogger named Simone who loves writing about the mountains, he walks the reader trough a journey to discover their animals, plants, history and the tales and legends from the past.
Adventures With Nienie: Korean American blogger from California, has many passport stamps due to her military family upbringing. She names the diverse countries of Philippines, Korea and Italy as her travel faves, and reflects those varied destinations in her colorful posts.
The Bubbly Traveler: After nearly six years of work, Hue quit her full-time job in Hanoi to travel around Europe for 4 months and soon will head to Auckland for a new exciting journey as a postgraduate student. A nature & animal lover, a mindful living beginner and forever a student of life, she uses blogging as a tool for reflection and learning.
Green Travel Guru: Green Travel Guru is a travel blog & shop focusing on Eco-friendly adventure travel, created to inspire others to get off the beaten track and seek out extraordinary experiences. By going to new destinations, meeting locals, experiencing cultures and wandering through nature, they believe that traveling can enrich your life.
Here are my hand-picked questions for my nominees:
- Describe yourself in 4 words?
- How did you choose your blog’s name?
- Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
- Where and when was your first international destination?
- Which country has surprised you in a positive way and why?
- When ad where do you blog?
- What’s your favourite blog and why?
- If you had the opportunity to travel with a famous person, who would it be and why?
- Which of your posts do you prefer?
- What are your travel and blogging goals for 2017?
Congratulation to my nominees! I can’t wait to read all your answers so don’t forget to send me a link to your posts! 😀